AUDITIONS FOR MATILDA
Auditions for the Owosso Community Players September production of Matilda the Musical are set for July 9 and 10 at the Lebowsky Center. Based on a book by Roald Dahl, the musical tells the tale of an extraordinary girl who, armed with a vivid imagination and a sharp mind, dares to take a stand and change her own destiny.
Roles are available for ages 8 through adult. The role of Agatha Trunchbull has been cast.
Group one—ages 8-11, will audition at 4 p.m. with doors open at 3:30 for Sign-in.
Group two—ages 12-15, will sign-in at 5 p.m. to audition at 5:30 p.m.
Audition materials for group one and two are listed to the right. There is sheet music and backing track for three song selections. Those auditioning should prepare one of the selections for the audition. These age groups will also learn a dance combination. Script readings for these groups will take place at a later date.
The final group—ages 16 through adults, may sign in a 6:30 with auditions starting at 7:00 p.m.
The group ages 16 and up should prepare a musical selection of their choice, preferably a portion of a contemporary musical theater song. An accompanist will be provided. They will learn a dance combination and may read some sides from the script.
Performance dates are September 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15. Rehearsals will begin the week of July 15.
Contact OCP Artistic Director Garrett Bradley at email@example.com with any questions.
- Matilda Wormwood – An imaginative girl who is clever and wise far beyond her years. She has a thirst for learning that cannot be quenched.
- Miss Honey – Matilda’s kindhearted teacher. She is tired of living in fear under Miss Trunchbull.
- Mr. Wormwood – Matilda’s uncaring father. A slimy, greedy used-car salesman.
- Mrs. Wormwood – Matilda’s self-absorbed, negligent mother and an amateur ballroom dancer.
- Michael Wormwood – Matilda’s older brother. He is not very bright and favored by their parents.
- Bruce – Matilda’s classmate. He is subject to extreme punishment by Miss Trunchbull.
- Lavender – Matilda’s classmate and friend.
- Mrs. Phelps – A nice librarian.
- The Escapologist – A character in a story Matilda tells to Mrs. Phelps who comes to life in their imagination.
- The Acrobat – A character in a story Matilda tells to Mrs. Phelps who comes to life in their imagination
- Rudolpho – Mrs. Wormwood’s ballroom dance partner.
- Doctor – Mrs. Wormwood’s Doctor when she goes into labor with Matilda
- Ensemble – Children’s Entertainer, Cook, Henchman 1, Henchman 2, Henchman 3, Kids (Amanda, Nigel, Eric, Alice, Hortensia, Tommy), Parents.