Advanced Musical Theatre Camp
**Audition and acceptance required to enroll. See Audition Info Below**
($75) *Includes T-shirt
July 10 – July 15
PRE TEEN (Grades 6-8) 9 a.m. – noon
TEEN (Grades 9-12 & graduating Seniors) 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Students will spend the week delving into Theatre as a Career. They will improve audition techniques, engage in individual song-coaching sessions, learn group vocal numbers, work on choreography, and read scenes from Broadway shows. Performers will work toward a final showcase on Saturday, July 15, where friends and families are invited to see their hard work come to life.
LIVE AUDITION INFO – Sunday, June 4
Pre-Teen Auditions – Sign in at 4:30 with auditions from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Teen Auditions – Sign in at 6 p.m. with auditions from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Students should come prepared with 32 measures (or a verse and a chorus) of a Musical Theatre song memorized and ready to sing and act to the best of their ability. Sheet music must be organized in a 3-ring binder.
Submission deadline: 5:00pm Sunday, June 4th
- Audition videos sent to email@example.com with the Subject: Advanced Video
- Videos should begin with an introduction by the student stating their name, age, and chosen song. This should be followed by 32 measures (or a verse and a chorus) of a Musical Theatre song performed to the best of their ability.
***All who auditioned will be contacted over email by Monday, June 5th. Those not accepted are HIGHLY encouraged to sign up for Theatre Arts Camp the following week (July 17 -22 ) and to audition again next year!
*Tips and tricks*
1) Be yourself! This camp is all about helping YOU be the best you can be.
2) Treat this like a professional audition. What would you wear? How would you behave?
3) Pick a song you are confident with, and that you feel you can really act.